Cindy Lauper - Shine - Tracy Young Remix (2001)

There is much more to Cynthia Ann Stephanie Lauper (born 1953 in New York) than just 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun', although that is probably the song she will be remembered forever more.
Six days before her 48th birthday she performed a song at the AIDS Benefit in Vienna's City Hall that would go on to be remixed by several people, including Victor Calderone and Tracy Young. The latter track is the one that hit the clubs; and hit me in particular in a Club in Miami Beach, just yards from Miss Lauper's Florida residence.
The remix also features in one episode of the climactic fifth season of the US version of Queer as Folk, in which Cindy appeared as herself to perform at the show's 'Babylon' gay club.
The first official release of the song appeared on the Shine E.P., a 2002 mini album released to counteract heavy pirating of the material on the then-shelved full length album. The album itself, however, was not released in the U.S., before the official release of the album -exclusively in Japan - a single was released for the song, in a variety of formats. This limited edition was only released in the United States and could only be ordered online. The official name of the single is 'Shine Remixes'.

Cindy Lauper - Shine (Tracy Young Remix)
JPN#120



Lyrics:

Shine I'll stand by you
Don't try and push me away
'cause I'm just gonna stay
You can shine I won't deny you
And don't be afraid it'll all be ok

Do you know my name
Well I ain't gonna take
that big time line
won't be beat by a lie
Gonna call out to these embers
waiting to ignite
Gonna pull you up
By your love, by your love
and tell you

Shine I'll stand by you...

I can see the frown you wear
All around like some faded crown
Like a watch over wound
Gonna call down to this diamond
buried underground
Gonna pull you up
by your love, by your love
and tell you

When it's said and done
What you need will come
and time won't let me
Let you let me waste it this time
shine...

No comments:

Post a Comment