Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart (1987)

Leslie Wunderman, a.k.a. Taylor Dayne, was born on 07 March 1962 in Baldwin, Nassau County near New York. She began singing professionally singing in little-known rock bands such as Felony and Next and kicked-off her solo career by releasing 'I'm The One You Want' under the name Les Lee in 1985. Signed to Arista Records, her first track to crack the charts worldwide was Tell It to My Heart two years later.

The song was written by Seth Swirsky, a Chappell Music songwriter. Seth almost didn't deliver the song after he and his girlfriend think it was good enough. But it reached Taylor Dayne when she asked to be sent some demos which had been overlooked - although the song had been recorded earlier that year by Louisa Florio. She recorded Tell It To My Heart at Cove City Sound Studios in Glen Cove, Long Island. When Seth received a copy of the original master track from Arista Records he thought that having four bars before the bridge was too short, so he added some more to allow the bridge to breathe.
The track took off so unexpectedly in the autumn of 1987, that Taylor was forced to complete her debut album in six weeks. For almost two months, people could only buy the 12" vinyl of the track with four mixes of the song on it. That 12" sold 900,000 copies alone.
Taylor Dayne was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal in 1988. Producer Ric Wake said in a 1994 interview with Vibe magazine that Tell It To My Heart '...really blew people away'.
The music video was very low budget but it displayed Taylor's aggressive and sexy style. In the video she follows pretty much the same look featured in the cover of the album.

Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart (1987)
DE#1, AT#1, CH#1, NL#1, Euro Hot100 #1, IRL#2, UK#3, SWE#3, NOR#3, US#7, CAN#9, FR#11, AUS#14, FIN#15



Lyrics:

I feel the night explode when we're together.
Emotion overload in the heat of pleasure.
Take me I'm yours into your arms.
Never let me go.
Tonight I really need to know.

Tell it to my heart.
Tell me I'm the only one.
Is this really love or just a game?
Tell it to my heart.
I can feel my body rock every time you call my name.

The passion's so complete. It's neverending.
As long as I receive, the message you're sending.
Body to body, soul to soul
Always feel you near.
So say the words I long to hear.

Tell it to my heart.
Tell me I'm the only one.
Is this really love or just a game?
Tell it to my heart.
I can feel my body rock every time you call my name.

Love, love on the run, breaking us down,
Though we keep holding one.
I don't want to lose, no I can't let you go.

Tell it to my heart.
Tell me I'm the only one.
Is this really love or just a game?
Tell it to my heart.
I can feel my body rock every time you call my name.

Tell it to my heart. Tell me from the start. Tell it to my heart.
Tell it to my heart. Tell me from the start. Tell it to my heart.
Never make it stop. Oh, take it to the heart.

Tell it to my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment