Jennifer Lopez - Una Noche Mas/Waiting For Tonight (1999)

To clear up the confusion once and for all: Jennifer (Lynn) Lopez, also known by her nickname J Lo was born in the Bronx, New York - not in Puerto Rico. She was raised on Blackrock Ave. in the Castle Hill neighborhood by - and this is where Puerto Rico comes in - parents originating from the Carribean island...

Jennifer's big break came in 1997, when she became the highest paid Latina film star ever, bringing in a reported US$1 million for 'Selena'. From there on followed 'Out of Sight', 'The Cell', 'The Wedding Planner' & 'Angel Eyes', all having become box office hits.

But you know, this is a Music Blog, so before I ramble on about something I do not know, I better change topics...

In 1999, J Lo's career took a completely new path: Her album 'On the 6' debuted her music career and quickly went on to gain multi-platinum status, selling over 8 million copies worldwide!
Album Charts: DE#3, CH#3, CAN#5, NL#6, BE#6, AT#7, US#8, AUS#11, UK#14, HUN#14, NOR#14, FR#15, FIN#15, NZ#18, JAP#20, SWE#20

The interesting thing about the next is to see how many copies you have to sell to achieve certifications in the most important music markets. Notice the difference within the North American market and also the difference between the countries in Europe? There is no right or wrong because by population the sales goals will have to change. But be wary of comparible sales figures:
Album Certifications: Platinum: CAN: 5× (500k) copies sold, US: 3× (3MM), NZ: 2× (30k), Europe: 1x (1MM), UK: 1x (300k), NL: 1x (60k), POL: 1x (60k), ARG: 1x (40k), Gold: FR: 2× (210k), DE: 1x (250k), AUS: 1x (35k), CH: 1x (15k), FIN: 1x (15k), AT: 1x (10k)

Waiting for Tonight, my favourite track from that album, is a song originally recorded by American female pop trio 3rd Party for their 1997 album Alive. Jennifer's version of it bacame the most famous version of it so far. Released in 1999, the single became somewhat of a millennium hit, mostly owned to it's accompanying video, which featured the infamous scare of a Millenium Power Cut and worldwide computer breakdown, if you remember it... The track earned her a nomination for Best Dance Recording at the 2000 Grammy Awards. The Spanish version of the song, 'Una Noche Más' (One More Night), is also included on the album.
In 2006, Italian house trio Lil' Love released their version of the song. There is also a version of the song in the popular dance video game Dance Dance Revolution.
A brilliant remix from the original 1999 release is the Hex Hector version. All of them here :-)

Waiting For Tonight/Una Noche Mas: MEX#1, BE#4, AUS#4, UK#5, NL#5, NZ#5, US#8, FIN#8, CAN#9, FR#10, NOR#11, IRL#13, CH#14, DE#15, SWE#16, AT#24

Jennifer Lopez - Una Noche Mas



Jennifer Lopez - Waiting For Tonight



Jennifer Lopez - Waiting For Tonight (Hex Hector Remix)



Lyrics of the Spanish Version

Como te soñé , yo te imagine
Seduciéndome despacio
Tuya me sentí , todo te lo di
Y hasta el alma me has robado
Yo nunca pensé que pudiera querer
Con esta pasión que me quema la piel
Volar por tu cuerpo es el cielo tocar
Quiero contigo llegar

Una noche más , Oh Oh
Quisiera inventar nuestro amor
Una noche más , Oh Oh Oh
Sentir junto a ti la pasión
Una noche más , Oh Oh Oh

Necesito más de lo que me das
Todo ya no es suficiente
Me deje llevar por un beso más
Yo estoy presa para siempre
Mi vida no tuvo sentido sin ti
Vivir de ilusiones fue igual que morir
En otras caricias no pude encontrar
Todo el amor que me das

Mi vida no tuvo sentido sin ti
Vivir de ilusiones fue igual que morir
En otras caricias no pude encontrar
Todo el amor que me das

Lyrics of the English Version:

Like a movie scene
In the sweetest dreams
I have pictured us together
Now to feel your lips
On my fingertips
I have to say is even better
Then I ever thought it could possibly be
It's perfect, it's passion, it's setting me free
From all of my sadness
The tears that I've cried
I have spent all of my life

Waiting for tonight, oh
When you would be here in my arms
Waiting for tonight, oh
I've dreamed of this love for so long
Waiting for tonight

Tender words you say
Take my breath away
Love me now, leave me never
Found a sacred place
Lost in your embrace
I want to stay in this forever
I think of the days when the sun used to set
On my empty heart, all alone in my bed
Tossing and turning
Emotions were strong
I knew I had to hold on

Waiting for tonight, oh
When you would be here in my arms
Waiting for tonight, oh
I've dreamed of this love for so long
Waiting for tonight

Gone are the days when the sun used to set
On my empty heart all alone in my bed
Tossing and turning
Emotions were strong
I knew I had to hold on

Waiting for tonight, oh
When you would be here in my arms
Waiting for tonight, oh
I've dreamed of this love for so long
Waiting for tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment