Freeez - I.O.U. (1983)

John Rocca made his living selling Jazz and Funk record imports in London of the 1970s. Little wonder then that through this influence he shacked up with Andy Stennet, Peter Maas, Paul Morgan and Everton Mcalla to form Freeez, one of the UK's main jazz-funk bands of the early 1980s. Their track 'I.O.U.' was written, produced and mixed by Arthur Baker(known then for his work with Afrika Bambaataa). It was used for the 1984 breakdance movie Beat Street. I remember 'I.O.U.' for both, being a big hit at school discos and by watching Beat Street about 24 times on the big screen.

Freeez - I.O.U. (1983)
UK#2, NL#2, NZ#4, CH#5, IRL#6, DE#8, SWE#12, US#13

2 comments:

  1. i want downloading this album for free , please give me the link and thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want downloading this album for free , please give me the link and thank you so much

    ReplyDelete