Missy Elliott - 4 My People (Basement Jaxx Remix) (2001)

There is few tracks of the Hip-Hop genre I can really connect to. But ever so often there is one that stands out above the rest: there was, of course, 'Rapper's Delight' by The Sugar Hill Gang, a 15 minute epic that paved the way for Rap worldwide in 1979, there was 'Beat Street' by Grandmaster Melle Mel, the main song of the soundtrack of same named movie from 1984, there was Afrika Bambaataa's 'Pupunanny', a dance influenced tune that send me into near oblivion in 1994 and then there is Missy Elliott's '4 My People', dated exactly 10 years ago, 2001. Oddly, the track never charted on the other side of the Atlantic, but did very well in Europe. Head straight for the Basement Jaxx Remix, it's the bee's knees.

Missy Elliott - 4 My People (Basement Jaxx Remix)
NL#2, BE#3, UK#5, DK#8, NOR#12, SWE#19, AUS#20, DE#21, FR#37, AT#40, CH#40

No comments:

Post a Comment